Despite a chilly early morning start for the March TBN Business Club, the room soon warmed up with the “buzz” from all the conversations and greeting our 30 visitors, which brought our total attendance to 86.
MC Jay Rachet opened proceedings with a slightly amended style, but as always kept us to our Agenda of first table intros and breakfast prior to our first 2 minute presentation from Justin Cohen – Marketing Director for The Italian Villa / Beales Gourmet. Justin had a great deal to promote embracing members and visitors in the room:
- The Gala Evening for one of our members (John Parrett of Fox Tailoring) to celebrate the launch of their new Womenswear range will be held at The Italian Villa on 17th March. We know John is looking forward to a sell-out event in delightful surroundings with quality food.
- Justin then welcomed Johnny Wheeler of Sandpolo Ltd who was in the room as a visitor at TBN and the organiser of the British Beach Polo Championships to be held at Sandbanks on 8th / 9th July. Beales Gourmet were the obvious and perfect choice to provide the delicious food which will be served throughout this prestigious and exciting event.
- Last but not least, The Italian Villa have their own Annual Corporate Evening Event on Thursday 19th May (see invitation below for details).
Fortified with another round of tea and coffee, Table Swaps took place and round 2 of our event commenced in its usual lively manner until 0850hrs when our second presenter Paul Clarke of Hallmark Hotels announced his concession offers for TBN members, who receive 20% discount from any of the Hallmark Group services including Sports / Spa / Rooms / Meetings & Events – a most valuable offer and warmly received by our Members.
Frank Marsh representing TBN Business Clubs took the final presentation slot to confirm the date for the Launch of TBN Solent Business Club! The date is now set for Friday 15th April at the prestigious Solent Hotel & Spa (Jct 9 M27). TBN Membership will embrace both locations and open up even more opportunities to develop business. Frank also announce the proposals for Business Surgeries, Members Workshops and promotional opportunities via the TBN website giving members a greater advantage of utilising their network in a much broader sense than just attending the monthly events. As we pointed out in our monthly campaign quote “Instead of better glasses, your network gives you better eyes.” — Ronald Burt
Champagne this month was awarded to our member Liam Wyatt (Lorica Insurance) who provided the most visitor referrals.
We welcome five new members!
- Andrew Garaway – Alternative Route Finance
- Barrie Smith – The Oratu Consultancy
- Emma Martineau – Phones 4 Business
- James Constable – Palm Print
- Sue Benoke – LMI UK
It had been a full-on morning but as always we closed on time and were pleased to see so many 1-2-1s going on after the event in the Hotel Bar area.
Jay also included a quote in his presentation which we also felt appropriate to repeat in the blog
“If you want to go somewhere, it is best to find someone who has already been there.” — Robert Kiyosaki
We have much to look forward to in April so save the dates for your diaries:
TBN Bournemouth Business Club Thursday 7th April and one week later TBN Solent Business Club launches on Thursday 15th April.